GSA 8(a) Streamlined Technology Application Resource for Services (STARS) II Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) is a multiple-award, indefinite-delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract engineered to provide cutting-edge information technology (IT) solutions from award-winning 8(a) small businesses to federal agencies. Using 8(a) STARS II enables access to qualifying Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a) prime contractors with competitive prices through an established contract vehicle instead of traditional, open market methods – saving time and taxpayer money.
The scope of the 8(a) STARS II GWAC is centered on four functional areas (FAs), derived from the North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS). The contract offers simple to complex IT service solutions such as: IT help desk support, information assurance, cyber-security, virtualization, IPV6, Web 2.0, and more.
8(a) STARS II is structured with two tiers, known as constellations. The constellation design is new to the 8(a) STARS II GWAC, and offers additional features and benefits. ATC is a prime contractor in Constellation I, signifying that we demonstrate technical proficiency and offer competitive pricing.
Adnet provides services in the following FAs:
FA2: NAICS: 541512 – Computer Systems Design Services
- CAD (computer-aided design) systems integration design services
- CAE (computer-aided engineering) systems integration design
- CAM (computer-aided manufacturing) systems integration design
- Computer hardware consulting services or consultants
- Computer software consulting services or consultants
- Computer systems integration analysis and design services
- Computer systems integration design consulting services
- Computer integrator services
- Information management computer systems integration design services
- Local Area Network (LAN) computer systems integration design services
- Computer network systems design services
- Office automation computer systems integration design services
FA4: NAICS: 541519 – Other Computer Related Services
- Computer disaster recovery services
- Computer software installation services
- Pre-competed, easy to use contracts saves time and money by reducing procurement lead time
- Streamlined approach to acquisitions
- Low user fee (0.75 percent) built into contractors’ ceiling prices.
- Access to exceptionally qualified 8(a) small business industry partners can also help meet small, disadvantaged business goals and offer solutions.
- Agencies choose level of services and level of support that best meet their program/project needs
- Complimentary scope compatibility reviews promotes contract compliance and reduces risk of adverse audits
- $10B program ceiling and five-year base period with one, five-year option allows for long term planning of large scale program requirements
- Compliance with Section 843 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of 2008 and Section 863 of NDAA 2009 and FAR 16.505 Fair Opportunity process supports best value awards
- No protests on orders under $10M, except on the grounds that the order increases the scope, period, or maximum value of the GWAC minimizes protest risk and supports timely order award for optimal mission support
Delegation of Procurement Authority (DPA)
Prior to issuing orders under 8(a) STARS II, federal contracting officers are required to receive training on the use of the 8(a) STARS II contract and be granted a written DPA from the GSA Small Business GWAC Center. Training is offered at no cost via self-paced, online course, onsite training conferences and events, web or video conferences, and conference calls. (Further details are offered in the 8(a) STARS II Ordering Guide.
Authorized order types available under this GWAC are:
- Fixed-Price Family (FAR 16.2)
- Time & Materials (FAR 16.6)
- Labor-Hour (FAR 16.6)
- Hybrid blends
- Incentives (FAR 16.4)
Adnet GSA 8(a) STARS II Contact Information:
Contracts Manager: Shrikant Sinha
Program Coordinator: Shrikant Sinha